Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dialogue


This example of dialogue happened just outside of my apartment…

Door Opens. And then Slams Shut! Man comes stomping down the stairs.

Door Opens. And then Slams shut! Lady comes stomping down the stairs.

~Man Standing outside~

Lady: “What the heck is wrong with you?”

Man seaming extremely frustrated yells back, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU! All I wanted was for you to come along with me to do the laundry.

Lady replies: “What, do I have to come along with you to hold your hand, or can you just do it by yourself?

Man: “No… I wanted you to come along because I enjoy spending time with you”

Lady: “We live together, that isn’t plenty of time spent together?”

Man: “Well apparently it is to you so I guess it is to me to.”

~Man tries to leave~

Lady: “Where do you think you’re going?”

Man: “I’m going to go do the laundry if that’s okay with you your highness.”

Lady extremely aggravated by this comment yells “SCREW YOU!” and storms off up the stairs slamming the door behind her.

~Man walks to his car and gets inside~

Me: thinking it is over starts to walk away from the window when all of the sudden…

Lady yells out: “DON’T FORGET THE SOAP” and “Hurls” the soap from the second story window and it lands just short of his car but allowing plenty of soap to get splattered onto the side of his car.

The man yells out “YOU ARE (insert foul language here) CRAZY” and speeds off down the street.      

2 comments:

  1. I like the imagery I'm able to imagine with her last gesture. If I imagine powdered laundry soap, it would almost be like a snow storm. If it was liquid (which is probably the case, since you use the word 'splattered') there'd be an immense mess. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete